• Friday, February 01, 2008

    { Icksnay on the Armcha }

    Well that title is a bit ambiguous.... I'll leave it at that I think, suffice to say, it's a little dig, because despite my obvious disadvantage, I got to blog first, what did I get to blog first, well, that I went to see Juno today. Yep Suzy and I have started up our weekly Friday movie again (although we had a non-human gatecrasher today). And what a way to start the movie year... if you haven't seen it, do. Right now...seriously now, the rest of this won't be that exciting, trust me.... Anyway, I intend to rush out and purchase the soundtrack tomorrow, assuming of course, there is one, haven't checked that yet, really loved the quirky bits of music, with some great classics in there too. Anyway, I highly recommend, it really was great and I am sure few films I see this year will rival it, we all enjoyed it immensely, even the non-human amongst us.


    OK below, a layout.... tried to personify the amazing Anna Aspnes with the word art here, sadly, it didn't work, but it's the effort that counts.... right? CC welcome.... click for a larger view...



    And this one was made for my dear friend Shez, it was made as a belated birthday card...again so sorry I was late Shez.... or maybe we could just say I am amazingly early for your 41st!


    And for those who don't know, we finally got a new BBQ and outdoor setting, see below, so we can now finally use our deck for some real entertainment, it's been bare for 18 month now so it's nice to be able to use it, even if we don't have a step! There are no pics of the outdoor setting as it wasn't set up when I took the BBQ ones.

    Clinton and Jen, if you're reading this again, we will have you over in the next two weeks or so. There I am locked in now! We look forward to seeing you..... Wow, is this a first? An invite via blogger? I wonder.....



    OK, think that's it for now... happy weekend everyone! BFN

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Sherryll said...

    I have one of the songs from Juno on Mads ipod, I will ask if she can send it to you, you'll know which one, I fell in love with it too.
    gorgeous layout of your cousins' daughter, oh and you did perfect the word art, it's really fab.
    thanks again for the card, I love it.
    your new bbq is awesome, I can't wait to hear Brians bbq recipes !

    February 02, 2008 10:02 am  
    Blogger Niecey said...

    Super pretty layouts!
    Yes, I can see the Anna-esque word art going on. Very nice. Elegant.

    February 02, 2008 10:39 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a great movies... might have to go see it. Love your LO and there is definitely no cc from me the wordart is great! That photo is amazing and the tones are perfect. Magnificent BBQ and yes Brian lets have some BBQ recipes.

    February 02, 2008 10:49 am  
    Blogger jane said...

    love the layouts and i think you did a great job with your word art! i like annas knack for that too and you got alot closer to the likeness of it than i did! Congrats on the new bbq, looks wonderful and thanks for the headsup on the movie...will definitely have to check it ou! :)

    February 02, 2008 11:40 am  
    Blogger jane said...

    ps...just read your posts on my blog and had to come back and thank you for your warms wishes, and for liking my photography (really my photoshop, lol) skills. :)

    February 02, 2008 11:48 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Hey Lee, great to see that you had some motivation to get this post up... lol competition is a wonderful thing ;),
    Love the photos, LOVE the lo and I think that you did a fantastic job getting the "anna" look.. I've tried on numerous occasions and haven't even come close!
    BBQ looks divine too :)

    February 03, 2008 10:43 am  
    Blogger Link said...

    How quickly would this post have appeared if I hadn't threatened to beat you to it?

    And so, I'll take credit for this post. Yoink!

    I've got blog-envy, laptop-envy, BBQ-envy, groupie-envy. Bloody hell, how needy can a guy get. Even gender-envy ... but just for the clothes.

    February 03, 2008 10:36 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Loving the layout and what you did for Shez, just beautiful!

    What a spunky BBQ, and mmmmm, all that yummy food! Makes me want that for dinner now!

    Hope you're doing good lovely!

    February 06, 2008 11:15 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice to hear from you Lee.

    Based on the pictures on the Blog the expections are high for the BBQ!

    look forward to catching up

    CR

    February 18, 2008 3:29 pm  
    Blogger Chris said...

    All gorgeous Lee totally gorgeous. Oh yum I can see all that scrumptious food cooking on your new BBQ and yummo....lol even if you have had many bbq's since...rofl. Well done on the new furniture for the deck and hope everything is going well chicki. Miss ya!

    Hugs Chris xo

    March 10, 2008 8:59 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home