• Tuesday, January 22, 2008

    { Fairies and more... }


    Fairy-Quinn2, originally uploaded by leequebee.

    I did this of Quinn back in November I think, maybe earlier. I took the picture back in April for her birthday party invitations, she was just sitting on the floor and I think she was about to flick her head back, anyway, I loved the unusual shot and wanted to use it, it only took me 6 months to get around to it! I am not sure what you'd call it, not really a layout.... any ideas?

    As you can see I am once again waking from my blog hibernation, but for how long, I do not know, I did half heartedly make "blog more' a New Years resolution (along with the usual stuff), but we'll see...doesn't everyone break their resolutions by February?

    I have had a fabulous Christmas break and have got to spend lots of time with the girls. We had a lovely 8 day trip to the magnificent Bright, but it was SO HOT there... we didn't have one day under 34, most were around 38-39 and two were 41 degrees... thankfully we camped on a creek, which meant hours of fun for the kids and also that we were able to move our chairs in and dangle our feet while we ate, read, chatted away... Some people had tables in the creek and I also saw a guy with a table and chair working away on his laptop...I'm assuming he was working and if he was, it is definatley great working conditions! Pictures of Bright will follow soon....

    Ummm....what else.... I listened to lots of Audible Books while I was away, they are great to walk to and when it was really hot, laying down and dozing too, my favourites were 3 books by Chris Grabenstein, just simple detective stories, kind of modern day Agatha Christie, not great works of literature, but very enjoyable, they are called Tilt-A-Whirl, Mad Mouse and Whack-A-Mole, head over to audible.com if you like audible books....

    OK surely you must be bored by now so I'll sign off.... oh before I do, I big hello to Clinton, Jen, Linus and Joey, Clinton, I heard a rumour that you check my blog occassionally... so hello! ;-)

    While I was away I thought of a million things I could put on my blog, but my brain has deserted me, so bye for now :-)

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Angela said...

    Well, I wasn't bored, and I'm sure that no one else would be too, so now for the next installment please :).... like I can talk.. yep I still need to get on to mine too, one day....
    LOVE that pic of Quinn too! and thanks for the book recommendation :)

    January 22, 2008 7:33 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah yes, I do have a look from time to time! Someone telling tales on us by the sound of it. Nice to hearfrom you but I do have a source of regular updates on your happenings!

    We must catch up soon!

    January 23, 2008 1:42 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a gorgeous fairy!
    Sounds like you guys have had a great christmas break... glad to see you breaking out of hibernation to blog too! :)

    January 23, 2008 9:28 pm  
    Blogger Jen said...

    What a gorgeous photo/LO! I sure have missed seeing your creativity. Glad to see you back in the blog world. *HUGS*

    January 24, 2008 1:50 pm  
    Blogger Link said...

    FAIRIES? FAIRIES?

    I see one fairy with a reflection - not the multiple fairies implied by the plural usage in your post heading.

    If you continue to allow this frankly quite shoddy level of effort to continue in your blogging, then I don't doubt that regular readers will leave in droves to visit some spanking new blog that, sure, only has one post and limited prospects of longevity, but is nonetheless a great potential source of infotainment for people who like to read shit.
    If I hear of such a site, I'll be sure to let you know.

    I do like the thing that's not really a layout by the way. It reminds me of when I was a young fairy. Often I'd loll about on a highly reflective surface with my head in my hands, weeping silently for the loss of innocence in children, but certainly prepared to, as you so rightly say, flick my head back.

    As for ideas on what to call it (if not a layout), might I suggest - picture.

    Bye-diddly

    January 25, 2008 2:42 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great to see you back into blog world :) That is a fabulous fairy LO... really lovely. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the audible books - I'll look for those for this month.

    January 26, 2008 8:42 pm  
    Blogger Gill said...

    OMGosh Lee, you girls are growing sooo fast..and man are they beautiful! As always your photos blow me away! Great to see the blog and read up on you all. Take care
    HUGS
    Gill.xx

    April 10, 2008 6:42 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home