• Wednesday, April 25, 2007

    { Where Do I Start? }

    Man, it has been ages, life is busy, but I hate to neglect my blog, it always makes that first post back harder, since I have been too busy to post and yet, really have nothing to tell.... ;-) And to my blog buddeis, I have also been neglecting my blog reading, sorry and I'll get back to it soon! mwa :)

    Work is busy and working 4 days is taking up more of my 'me' time than I had hoped. But in saying that I still love it. It's my 12 month anniversay tomorrow, how freaky is that? It feels like such a short time and I still feel like I am learning everyday.

    We went to Bright for Easter, it is truly a little peice of heaven and we can't wait to get back there, but it will be a while, although we'd love to get there over winter to stay on the cabins that they have there. We camped right on the river, which is sadly lacking in water due to the drought, but it was so pretty and the kids had a ball with all the exciting exploring they had to do. We also had to camp without power for the first time in years, but it was no biggie, didn't really effect us at all. Good food, good champagne and good company, all in all a great holiday....pics to come soon....


    Ummm, what else? Oh it's Quinn's birthday this friday. I am having my own little crisis about that. I can't believe she is turning 10 and it really seems obvious in the last month or so that she is not a little girl anymore. I am not one to worry about my age, it's just a number, but this is really bothering me. A well meaning friend commented recently that she acts more like she is 12 or 13! That freaked me out too. Anyway, here is a sneak at her party invitations, personal stuff blurred out of course :). I took the pics here at home, and they turned out OK. (CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW)

    Oh and talking about Quinn has reminded me to wish Nic a very happy birthday for the 22nd! Quinn didn't forget, and wanted to wish you all the best :)




    Not much news on the layout front, being time challenged at the moment means it has taken a backseat, but here are two more recent ones, that I have done. Click for a larger view






    My Digi Scrapping class starts tomorrow night, so I have been madly updating my notes for that. I did just mean to skim over them, but I ended up adding to the first weekes notes, beginning at 5 pages and ending at 15. Now I am only on the second weeks notes, but I'll get there. Looking forward to beginning classs in a new venue, with new computer and a smaller class. Should be good. Looking forward to it.

    The wonderful MAC Karen is heading out to Oz soon, so the MAC girls hope to have another gathering then, very excited to meet this lovely sweet person and maybe pick her brains, knowing what a fabulous photographer Karen is, I couldn't let that chance slip by, and I think there will be a few more MAC girls wanting to take advantage of that talent!

    I kinda feel like I have more to say but not sure what it is....oh I know, I read a great book recently, if you are a working Mum, it is a fabulous and hilarious read, if you're not, you should enjoy it just as much (although, the non working Mum's I know that have read it, thought it was a bit of a dig at them). I have to disagree, I thought it was a big dig at working Mum's and all the antics that some go through to try and keep their lives, families and careers on track. Anyway, enough babbling, the book is called I don't know how she does it and it's by Alison Perason.
    Click on the title to read an excerpt.

    My weekly movies have been put on hold due to my partner in crime getting a job! Although she will only be working Fridays for a couple of months so we can resume after that. It has actually worked out well really, I am not sure I would be able to fit them in at the moment anyway.

    Oh and a small one. Shez, Tenille (a friend) and myself all joined a camera club recently. It looks like we are going to learn heaps. They recently had a Car Rally, which we had a list of things (I took the whole family) we had to take photgraphs of, whilst driving and looking for clues etc. It was great fun and I took some pictures I would not normally have taken. Here are a few of my faves, sorry the colours are a little over saturated, gotta get my screen calibrated.... Click for a larger view


    13 Comments:

    Blogger Carol said...

    What spectacular photographs. My goodness. Us mere mortals could look a million years and not see the beauty in the ordinary that you see through the lens in your camera. Gorgeous! Fabulous invitation too.

    April 25, 2007 5:16 pm  
    Blogger katef said...

    wow amazing photos! So nice to have you back in the blog world!

    April 26, 2007 11:41 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    yey for you updating, it has been awhile ! love Quinns invite, I hope she has a wonderful day, Bright sounds like a beautiful place, especially in Autumn I believe, gorgeous 2 layouts. good luck for the class tonight, I know for a fact what a fabulous teacher you are, don't be nervous, you'll be great. I too am looking forward to meeting the lovely and talented Karen next month:)

    April 26, 2007 12:45 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    OMG Lee!! that feedblitz email that I got letting me know you'd updated nearly made me fall of my seat! I notice that it was a day late too though...
    Fantastic to see another post, have missed you terribly, and really no hurry to visit my blog.. nothing interesting there anyway lol.
    Well, you are probably at your class as I'm typing this, so I hope that you are having a wonderful time, I'm sure that it will all go super!
    Love the layouts, and the invite.. and those photos are just amazing! The colours look fine on my laptop, but that is WAY out so I really can't be any judge lol.

    April 26, 2007 7:47 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the "What" page. Beautiful blues and her eyes just pop out! Gorgeous!

    April 27, 2007 12:49 am  
    Blogger Chris said...

    YAY you're back and good to "see" you Lee. Been thinking of you often and wonderinghow everything is. Gald to know that it's just life that's busy and nothing more. I have to admit that I was a little shcoked when I got my feedblitz email saying you had updated......lol ;) :)
    What else can I say....oh yeh great photos, great LO's, great invite and great to have ya back. :)

    April 28, 2007 12:39 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My goodness. I love that photo of the butterfly on the pole. So beautiful. A photography class sounds like just the thing. I've been thinking of joining the local camera club but it's another thing to add to an already hectic life.

    Hope you and the family are well.

    April 29, 2007 6:00 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My goodness, she's back! And in fine form with those gorgeous photos and layouts! I LOVE the photos of Quinn in the invitation, just gorgeous! And the camera club photos - wow!

    I would LOVE to join a camera club, but I'll have to wait a while until the kids are older I think, that way I can focus more and put more time into it.

    Glad to hear your class went well too. Cheers!

    May 01, 2007 3:06 pm  
    Blogger Mel said...

    Gorgeous photos and layouts Lee! Good to see you back! (says she who blogs once in a blue moon!)

    May 02, 2007 12:11 am  
    Blogger Jude said...

    I thought I was a bad blogger but you were worse this time! Your photos are absolutely gobsmackingly gorgeous. I agree with Sue on the butterfly one but my fav is the black and white building (not sure why it just hits me everytime I look at it). Love your LO's too. I did a photography class but its the getting out there and practising what you've learnt thats tricky! Looking forward to catching up with everyone again too at the Mac Photography Conference with Karen... LOL if its like the last Mac Conference there will be very little actual learning going down unless its wine appreciation.

    May 02, 2007 8:07 am  
    Blogger Jen said...

    Good to see you are still around. I have missed reading about what is going on with you "down under". :) Awesome pictures as usual!!

    May 04, 2007 3:42 am  
    Blogger MiYon said...

    Oh good, I'm not the only one who neglects her blog. lol Glad to hear you're doing well. LOVELY photos!!!

    Happy 10th birthday to Quinn. My Claire is 9, will be 10 in December. Our babies, they grow up so quickly, don't they??

    May 05, 2007 10:30 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    waiting............ ;P

    June 19, 2007 4:17 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home