• Friday, January 19, 2007

    { Disaster Strikes }

    ~ ROAD TRIP ~
    Let's start with the good stuff first. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend, well Sunday anyway. We went for a drive to Tarra Bulga National Park. First arriving at Bulga and doing one of the beautiful walks across the huge swing bridge, then back in the car and a short drive to Tarra Falls, which is just a scenic stop on the side of the road. All the falls we saw were in a sorry state, but the surrounds were lovely. Then down to Tarra and a lovely stroll into the falls there we we had a yummy picnic on the rocks right in front of the falls. Then we walked out again and started the next leg of our road trip to Agnes Falls which is at Toora. It is a divine place completely hidden in the rolling hills of dairy farms, but when you drive in there is a huge rock gorge with a huge waterfall (just a trickle of water though). It is the highest single span waterfall in Victoria (see top left, not my pic). We can't wait to go back in winter and see it with lots of water cascading down. We also saw the wind farms there too, quite spectacular up close and more than a little mesmerising. We decided not to have our afternoon tea there as the flies were just awful (another good reason to go back in winter). On we drove to Walkerville Beach where we spread out a picnic blanket on the beach and ate Turkish Bread and Dip. Yummy. And then on to home we went. The girls loved it, because they got to do some hiking and they also got to try out their Christmas present too, the portable 2 screen in car DVD player. So between places it was quite peaceful! The next 3 pics were taken on the day. I really love the B & W one of Quinn, the colour one had a terrible green cast to it because it was taken in the rain forest but in black and white it's just divine (at least I think so). :) The next two were also taken on the day, the web is slightly blurry because it was quite breezy, but I am pretty happy with it anyway. CLICK ON THE PICS FOR A LARGER VIEW)
    ~ A WEDDING ~
    Saturday, we went and had a peek at my Day Care ladies, daughters' wedding, (does that make sense). She just looked beautiful. I only got 3 shots of her and I was not in a great spot, but I just love this one. I can't wait to give it to her Mum on Monday! I hope they like it!
    ~ LAYOUTS ~
    Just realised it must look like I am playing favourites, will have to make some more of Bronte before I get into trouble! The first one (Little Ray Of Sunshine), is made with a Rhonna Farrer frame brush and various free brushes. Background is by me. The next one is Seriously Sweet, Seriously Special, again background made by me using a huge variety of free brushes. The last one, Book Worm, uses a frame from Scrap Artist and the rest is by me.
    ~DISASTER~
    OK, now for the disaster. I think my camera is very very sick. Last night a tried to clean the sensor, as I have done before, with a can of compressed air, only
    this time, some sort of residue spurted out before the air came and landed on the sensor, I am beside myself! I took straight down to the camera store today and they have sent it into Nikon, but it will be away for at least 4-6 weeks :( I use it almost everyday, so I am not sure how I will cope without it!
    Disaster two is our bloody car. Our car heater has been broken for a few months now, so we finally were able to afford to get it fixed, which is a big job as they have to take the whole dash out. We took it in Tuesday morning, they said they would try and get it back that day, if not Wednesday, inconvenient, but sometimes these things happen. Well now it's Friday and it was finally ready today. Except when Brian went to pick it up, they said that they had forgotten to attach the hose and would need it back next week, well that was bad enough, but then on the way home Brian also noticed that the speedo isn't working and nor are the indicators! Man I am ticked!
    Not happy Jan!
    BBSPF

    Oh well, I think next week will be better :). Please tell me it will.....

    8 Comments:

    Blogger katef said...

    Oh no... no camera! Now that is a disaster!!!!!
    But your day out sounds divine as are your images and you are right... next week WILL be better!

    January 20, 2007 1:44 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ugh, car troubles, such a pain!! I feel for you! And, I'm so sorry to hear about your camera!!! :( You take such lovely photos. I absolutely adore that wedding one!! Well, at least you had a nice outing with your family, buuuuut, darn, the camera. LOL

    January 20, 2007 7:56 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stunning photos Lee, and it sounds like you had such a wonderful trip! The one of the bride is so gorgeous, I'm sure you friend will absolutely love it!

    Not good about the camera though! I got something on the sensor once and for the life of me couldn't get it out, so off to the Nikon Camera Clinic in Collingwood it went, and because it was still under warranty, they said the first clean is free! Hope that is also the case for you!

    That's shocking about the car instruments not working!!! Can't believe they would let you take the car away in that state!

    January 20, 2007 9:25 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The camera disaster must be so upsetting to say the least, I'm hoping for a positive outcome:)

    Bloody cars is right, just what you don't need at the moment.

    These layouts are absolutely wonderful as usual, I love so much the backgrounds you are making with the brushes, the pinks and blues look fantastic.

    Gorgeous bride, great pic you've taken.

    Sounds like a great day at the Prom and stunning photos.

    Fingers crossed for the camera outcome.

    Sherryll

    January 21, 2007 1:19 pm  
    Blogger Lis said...

    I am in love with that photo of Quinn..just stunning, as are the others.

    Hope you get the camera sorted out soon :(

    January 22, 2007 10:13 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Of course it's going to be better!!!! Just keep telling yourself that... hugs

    On a brighter note, I'm glad that you had a fantastic time at Turra Bulga, we went there a couple of years ago and it was beautiful.. lol had to laugh at that agnes falls park though, I think that is where I got a serious headbut from my niece... you know how it happens when you put them down and they jump up before you have a chance to stand up lol... makes my wince just thinking about it lol.
    The photos are divine Lee, Love them all, that one of the ferny stuff just sensational! As for the wedding pic, that is seriously good stuff.... I think that you should start doing it professionally!! No Joke!!
    The layouts are stunning, and I love how you do the backgrouds yourself... Once again, you can do anything Lee... You should start selling.
    Anyway, heres hoping that you have a better week this week... ;)

    January 23, 2007 9:09 am  
    Blogger Jude said...

    Amazing photos and LO's Lee and what a great time. Sad about the camera - hope you get it back real soon. I agree with angela that wedding photo is really really good.

    January 24, 2007 10:57 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG! Such awesome photos you have here! I hope you can figure out the way for your cam though! And love your scraps! :)

    January 28, 2007 12:16 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home