• Friday, December 22, 2006

    { On A Roll or not? }

    Yep I think (fingers crossed, and everything else ;-) ) that I have broken my layouts drought! At least I hope so! Here are a few more I have done lately....

    On "Magical" I used various brushes from Scrapartist, Anna Aspnes and Rhonna Farrer. On "Elvis" I used star brushes from Anna Aspnes. And on "Delight" the flower brush is by Rhonna Farrer. All 3 layouts are of Bronte. (Much to Quinn's disgust).

    It looks like we are not heading away now, the fires are just too bad both there and here. Our camping friends live in the bush on the edge of a National Park and they have had an arsonist lighting fires out near them, so they can't take the chance. Also the place we go to, have put in place a no fire policy, which is completely understandable, but something we would miss terribly, no marshmellows, no camping! LOL Also we are on the edge of town and while I doubt we are under threat of fire, the embers are a worry.

    Just wanted to spare a thought for all of the fire fighters, it has been more than a little uncomfortable for us here, so what they are living and working in everyday must be horrendous. I hope that due to the weather most will get to spend Christmas with their families now, but no doubt their job is not over yet. Stay safe.

    We will still maybe do a few smaller trips, but I am going back to work a week earlier than I had planned and will save my holidays for Easter. Brian will now work between Christmas and New Year but will still take two weeks off, so we have a week together and then he will have a week with the girls. I am sorry to miss out on camping, but we have so many little (and big) jobs to get done around here, it will be nice to have some time to do them. I feel, at last I will have some time to breathe, it's harder than I thought working 4 days, but as hard as it is I don't think I'd go back. But I am still looking forward to getting a good rest in and catching up with some things that I love doing. ie DIGI SCRAPPING!!! ;)

    I had a great end to the year at work, with a lovely gift from my boss and lots of appreciation, it's nice to be appreciated, and I must sound like a broken record, but, I love my job!

    Almost done on the present front, just one more present to make and that's it, now for the wrapping....groan..

    We are having Christmas lunch and dinner here on Monday, thankfully it is supposed to rain, I know most people don't want rain on Christmas Day but we desperately need it, and while I don't relish the thought of all of the kids not being able to go out and play, I'd rather the rain! (am I mad?).

    On the house front, the deck still isn't finished *sigh*. Looks like it won't be done, but because of the weather we probably won't be using it anyway. But we didn't get all our living areas fitted with Roman blinds. We were going to wait until winter but decided to go ahead now, just waiting on the outside awnings for the west side of the house and the blinds for our ensuite. Our ensuite is set out like a feature and is very open to our bedroom which means it's very light in here at 5am! Sorry we over looked them now! It wasn't so bad in winter LOL. Anyway the blinds were ridiculously expensive but they are beautiul and I am glad we didn't get the cheaper ones we almost ordered...what another couple of years on the mortgage???? Urrrgghhh!

    Merry Christmas to every one, I hope all your wishes come true and that you have a wonderful day with your families and friends. Here is a small gift from me.



    Christmas Mini Kit


    Happy Christmas :)

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Lis said...

    Beautifico, fantabulous, stunninglymagical LO's!! (Bet Ang will still outdo me!).

    Great to see you 'back'! Sorry your holiday plans were cancelled but there is so much going on down there, hey, still so scary and dangerous.

    My dad is off to fight fires on Wednesday, and while it's very brave of him to volunteer (like all the other amazing volunteers), it's incredibly frightening. It's so sad to think a lot of these were deliberately lit..some people are just scum.

    Merry Christmas to you, your lovely hubby and gorgeous girls.

    December 23, 2006 11:30 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Lee, you know how much I LOVE that first LO.. .It is just stunning!! Love the others too, but that first just rocks my world ;)
    I do hope that we get some rain on Christmas aswell.... we sure do need it. I'm sure that your house looks stunning with or without the deck, and I can't wait to see it one day :)
    Oh, and thanks sooo much for the mini kit, I'm sure it is fabulous aswell.... just need to download it first lol (hope I have my log in details right ;) )

    December 23, 2006 12:19 pm  
    Blogger Sharon said...

    Lee, your layouts are gorgeous! I'm pleased you have cleared your block.

    Thanks for the download, although I think I already have it from last year??

    December 23, 2006 8:27 pm  
    Blogger katef said...

    Just popping in to say Merry Christmas... hope you have a lovely day with your family!

    December 24, 2006 1:59 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Never chintz out on accessories for your house: thumbs up to the Roman blinds!

    Ooooh, a blog freebie. Who can resist that??

    December 30, 2006 5:46 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Thanks so much for the pressie, love the layouts, the 'delight' one is outstanding !
    I"m sorry to hear you're not going camping but I know you will have just as much fun enjoying your new home, take care x

    January 01, 2007 8:14 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home