• Friday, November 03, 2006

    { Party Party Party }

    ~ PARTY ~
    I had a Handbag Party on Wednesday, and, after not writing down who I had invited and also telling friends (stupidly) not to worry about RSVPing, I had no idea how many were coming, so after work on Wednesday, I was in a panic about how much food and, more importantly, wine and champagne I should purchase I finally got myself organised and was ready just in time for the first guest to arrive. DH was not so organised, and after me nagging him for weeks to get our house number up somewhere so that people actually knew where to come, was stuck outside while people were arriving still drilling holes LOL, I guess him being out there pointed them in the right direction anyway LOL.

    Anyway, it was a great night, I had 23 turn up, a little too many for that sort of party, but just the right amount for a good night. Between them all they spent $1283.00!! Which gave me $125 credit to use on purchases and 3 half price items, so it worked out well for me.

    There were also tours of the new home, but sadly still no deck to show anyone, still just 20 something dirty great holes! LOL. I am trying very hard to have a certain virtue ;)
    A special thank you to my two wonderful girls, who were the perfect hosts on the evening, offering people lots of food and generally making me proud.
    ~ THE KISS ~
    Here is my next layout. Another challenge held at MAC, this is the gorgeous Lis, with the equally gorgeous Trent. Tried to keep it very plain, because that pic says a thousand words. A special Mother/Child moment.
    Just on Lis, congrats on your new home, I just know you and your family will be happier than ever there.
    ~ KAREN ~
    Special hugs go to Karen for your recent scare, you are still in my thoughts and I am very glad all is OK now.
    ~MAC CONFERENCE ~
    Speaking of the MAC girls our conference is officially one week away, we are all excited and looking forward to meeting each other, a huge effort from Sharon flying down from Sydney and a big thanks to Mick, for encourging her to do so! We are all lamenting Karen not being able to come (a 2 hour flight from another country is such a small hurdle ;) ). But Karen will be in on the fun on the night, we will make sure of it!
    ~ MOVIES ~
    I am off to see "Little Miss Sunshine" today, I don't know anything about it other than Toni Collette is in it, but I will give you an update later. Which reminds me, 2 weeks ago, just before our Daylesford weekend, I went to see "THE DEPARTED", and man oh man, I loved it! Granted not everyone's cup of tea, lots of violence and swearing, but excellently acted and the sort of movie that had my heart racing (sometimes from sheer eye candy ;) ) but mostly because I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. I can't wait to see it again and everyone we went with on the night also loved it. Some big names in it too, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen and someone else whose name escapes me right now. So if you can handle blood and language I recommend it, and if you can't, go anyway and close your eyes and ears at selected bits LOL.
    Have a great day :)




    Labels: ,

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Angela said...

    Hi. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    A handbag party?! That sounds cool. I hope you got yourself some gorgeous things.

    I love your LO of Lis 7 Trent. It is so beautiful.

    November 03, 2006 9:30 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Was a lovely evening thanks, you did so well with your sales and agreed, our girls are so precious and sweet:)

    The layout of gorgeous Lis and Trenty is wonderful and says a thousand words in itself.

    Can you believe it's today week that we get away and meet the lovely MAC girls, I can't believe how long ago we have talked about this and now it's nearly here, oooohhh getting excited myself !!

    Glad you loved the movie, can't do the violence in movies, might be a DVD at home night where I can walk away !!

    Have a lovely weekend:)

    November 03, 2006 1:03 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooh, your handbag party sounds like it was fantastic!! Can't wait to see what you get with your quota!

    I'm so in love wit that layout, the editing on the photo is just gorgeous!!! We are indeed loving the new place, life feels so good right now...thank you!!!!

    Can't wait to hear what you think of Little Miss Sunshine, the young girl in it has been raved about and plays a role in Season 3 of GA and was amazing!

    November 03, 2006 3:42 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Wow Lee! sounds like you had a fantastic party, lol, after the stress of not knowing who was showing up roflol ;).
    Love that lo of Lis and Trenty, have to agree that photo is just so special.
    Saw the title of that movie when we went, and had no idea of what it was about, lol, Wayne would hate it though as he can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio or Leonardo DiP***io (lol, really had to bleat that one out!!)as he refers to him.... I think he's just jealous personally ;)

    November 03, 2006 9:40 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooh, I think I *need* to go and see that movie, it sounds like my cup of tea! I love sitting on the edge of my chair!

    Beautiful layout Lee! And wow about the handbag party - I hosted one as a favour to my SIL a while back and got some ace stuff from it too!

    November 04, 2006 10:28 pm  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Sounds like you all had oodles of fun at that handbag party Lee. Layout is gorgez as usual and good to finally catch up over here. Seems busy times ahead with this conference too, have a great time.

    November 05, 2006 1:31 am  
    Blogger Jude said...

    ooohhh a handbag party now that would be great - just love handbags! I bet your girls loved being part of everything and helping out like that - it does make you feel so proud. I love the LO you did for Lis it's so dreamy and beautiful and as to the movie well I'm a bit like Shez violence can overwhelm me a bit if it is tooooo realistic. See ya soon Lee!

    November 05, 2006 8:44 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had to laugh about your hubby being out there drilling the holes. lol :D Sounds like a real fun event, though, and now you get to reap the rewards.

    That photo of Lis and her Trent is BREATHTAKING!

    November 10, 2006 5:44 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home