• Thursday, October 12, 2006

    { Random Ramble }

    ~Homework~

    Last night after school I was laying on my bed with my laptop on my knee talking on the phone to my cousin (who is a sister and best friend, all rolled into one). My kids call her their second auntie, because they think that's right, since she is the Mum of their second cousins (a strange kind of sense in there). We were just chatting about a million different things and while we were talking Quinn came in and sat next to me on the bed to do her homework.

    This morning she came in and asked me to sign it. She had to write a list of set words and then use some in sentences. (The underlined words are the words she had to use in sentences).

    Her first sentence was "Our house was filled with happiness on Christmas day." Nice, right?
    This was the second sentence "Right now, at 4.50pm on Wednesday, Mum is on the phone with my second auntie, and from my opinion the situation sounds a bit boring".
    LOL, I didn't think it was THAT boring, what a classic :)

    Upon investigation, I found these other gem sentences, some of which I am not sure I want her teacher seeing!

    "I heard Mum do a pop-off" (Not true)
    "My Dad's hopeless at doing hair" (True)
    "At Seaspray, sometimes the wind is so strong, it's blown me away almost" (Glad she clarified that with 'almost'.
    "Everybody should swallow their food" (good advice)
    "I think it's necessary to kiss Mum and Dad goodbye at school" (And hopefully enjoyable too)
    "It's easy to seperate a Bratz dolls body from a Bratz dolls head" (Bit serial killerish)
    "I think there is an episode on The Simpson Halloween where Ned Flanders is the daredevil because Homer wanted to eat a donut" (What the? and do you think she means devil?"
    "I like to cook marshmellows but I don't like to eat them, so I give them to my cousin and they're usually burnt!!!"
    "My sister and I argue a lot, sometimes we get soap in our mouths!" (True and True)
    "Some people are very thoughtful and write a story 5 pages long while other people take a while to write a story two pages long" (I have no idea what this means?)
    "I am going to a sleepover at my cousins tonight and my Mum will tell us to behave" (Always)
    "At Seaspray there are rainbows EVEN when it doesn't rain!!!" (Freaky ;) )
    "I don't like it when people pause movies"
    "I think you are the greatest teacher in the whole universe (I'm not just saying this for a sentence, I mean it YOU ARE!!!)" (Bit of a brown nose LOL, but I must agree)
    "Years ago the Italians thought the Earth was square" (Should that read 'flat'? LOL)
    "When we go for walks in the mornings I like to hold cotton balls (so I can keep my hands warm)" (I was wondering myself....)
    "Bronte Grace is a disgrace. (She wanted me to write it - didn't you Bronte? Yes (Bronte)" (they don't always argue...)

    Well, I don't know why, but they tickled my fancy!

    Hope this made you smile and also {{{ hugs }}} to Kate, I'm thinking of you.

    Labels:

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Those precious girls of yours are to cute, I read each and every one of their sentences and they crack me up, you're right, it made me smile:) Thanks for sharing:)

    October 12, 2006 9:38 pm  
    Blogger Jude said...

    It's very refreshing to see things through younger eyes. I don't like it when people pause movies either! and square - flat - same thing isn't it....

    October 12, 2006 9:40 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwww, isn't she adorable!! Too funny!

    October 12, 2006 10:22 pm  
    Blogger katef said...

    Ha ha ha ha I love it!
    And hugs right back at ya girly!

    October 12, 2006 11:12 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ROFL! That was just sooooooo funny! A great start to the day, thanks Lee! SROFL (still rolling on the floor laughing) ;)

    October 13, 2006 8:29 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    lmbo! Thanks for sharing that Lee, I love the way her brain works.. lol, sounds a lot like her mum ;)(do you like pulling heads of dolls too?). I think Ned is the devil in one of the simpsons episodes.. and homers head turns into a doughnut. This house is simpson obsessed!!
    Still laughing at the popoff thing too... lol, that's our word here too ;), and sure.....

    October 13, 2006 11:45 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwww. :) That tickled my fancy, too!

    October 13, 2006 3:58 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    lol thanks Quinn I loved reading your sentences especially the pop off one, I bet you Mum really did do one too :)

    October 13, 2006 6:48 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WoW what an awesome site. Quinn is fantastic and is always making me laugh, so does Bronte. I do get the occasional visit from her before school starts. I remember when
    Quinn wrote that in her homework about being a great teacher. I showed it to my Mum. I am lucky I get to spend my day with such a magical ferret. I love the sentence about bronte I love that Bronte wrote in it too.
    Happy Days
    Nic
    PS Hanging out for another
    trivia night or function

    October 15, 2006 10:08 pm  
    Blogger Penelope said...

    That's hilarious!

    October 16, 2006 11:17 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home