• Friday, October 13, 2006

    { Blissful Sounds }

    In the mornings, when I hover between being awake and asleep, I hear the most blissful sound on earth. Little feet running down our hallway, that turns to soft thudding sounds when they hit the carpet of our bedroom, then I get to feel little arms wrap around me and little hands that are quickly losing their childlike chubbiness, stroke my hand or face. I never know which of my angels it is until I open my eyes, and it doesn't matter either.
    Am I luckier than anyone else in the world?
    I think, maybe, I am.

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are indeed very lucky, and what a beautiful description!

    I'm lucky too, the little hands in this house are still chubby ;o)

    October 14, 2006 12:10 pm  
    Blogger Jude said...

    Lee that is so beautiful... do you know I still have a "little" one that hops into bed with me in the morning but she is nearly 21!

    October 14, 2006 8:23 pm  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    You are indeed a very very lucky girl ! May the joy last forever and ever:)

    October 14, 2006 8:42 pm  
    Blogger Niecey said...

    Aw that's such a precious way to view being woken in the morning by your kiddos. I tend to hear the sound of thunder and I think "oh man not already...it can't be that time, can't they give me 15 more minutes!" lol.

    But it's all about perspective, and I take inspiration from this post and from the beautiful way you describe these magical moments. It's tooo easy to take these years for granted.

    October 14, 2006 8:55 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwww! It's such a heart melting mummy moment when I wake up to a little face in front of me saying 'hi mummy...mooch?' and him puckering up!

    Love that you love that these moments so much Lee :)

    October 14, 2006 10:14 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Awww Lee... what a wonderful post. Scrap it please.... :)

    October 15, 2006 3:29 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's the simple things in life that fill us with so much happiness. Beautiful, Lee.

    October 16, 2006 11:22 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home