• Sunday, September 03, 2006

    ~Wonder~

    :::Wonder ~ Quinn:::
    I did this layout today and I am currently working on another, C & S style. Wonders indeed!

    I made the BG for this one and also used several brushes, mostly by Denise Docherty and a couple from me.

    I love this photo of Quinn, the word whimsical comes to mind when I look at it. *Click on the pic to get a larger view*

    Journaling Reads:
    I often wonder what our relationship will be like when you are older. We seem to have a few ups and downs, with good patches and bad. At the moment, things are so so good and I like to imagine, that we will have more and more of these times as you get older. At the moment, nothing is too much trouble, you are helpful and happy to be doing things for everyone. Right now you are sitting beside me doing a tutorial that I wrote for the digital scrapbooking course I teach. Two weeks ago you would have been frustrated and angry but you are patiently nutting things out and staying very calm. It’s these moments I realise that you are growing up fast and I wonder less and less about the person you will become, because I can see that this is the person you are becoming now.

    This layout is the one referred to in the journaling, this is my version and I will post Quinns as soon as she is finished with it. She is almost done, but it's bed time. Quinns version is excellent and I am very proud of her. Bronte also started but got a bit sidetracked, she didn't end up following my tutorial, but she has done a layout too. So I will post that when I get it off the desktop.


    :::TRIVIA NIGHT:::

    Well we had a great night and I had the headache to prove it on Saturday! Not sure how much money we raised for the school yet, but I am sure it will be at least $2000. I hope everyone had as much fun as our table did!
    Because of the Trivia night yesterday was a bit of a write off, but today Denise came down for lunch and we had a quiet leisurley afternoon. You know you're getting old when it takes two days get over a big night!

    Hope you all had a great weekend :)




    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Lee, I love your layouts! You are so darn talented and inspire me so much! This one is just beautiful, and I adore the photo and what you have done to it. Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with both your daughters.

    So, are you gearing up for another course soon?! I think it's fantastic that the girls are having a go at your layouts - if they have a quarter of their Mum's talent they will do well!

    September 03, 2006 9:45 pm  
    Blogger Niecey said...

    Wow that first layout is extraordinary. Very very beautiful and soft and dreamy. I LOVE it.
    And the second one, the photo editing is amazing. It looks like a painting.

    September 04, 2006 12:56 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    OMG Lee... See the WOW factor is amazing!! I LOVE that of Quinn.. simply stunning.. and you think I'm good at blending ::shaking head in amazment::
    Can't wait to see the girls' result from your tut (I'm sure they will be fantastic). Glad that you had a fantastic night at the trivia thingy.. good thing it's only once a year huh?

    September 04, 2006 7:35 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You never cease to amaze me Miss L....just gorgeous!!

    Hope your head if feeling a little clearer today ;-)

    September 04, 2006 10:04 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    You never cease to amaze me, that picture of Quinn is truly beautiful along with what you've done to the page, you inspire me so much :)
    I'm glad your girls are having a go, my kids have picked up the basics, much quicker than I did at the start too, its fun watching what they come up with and their precious words to me.
    Great news all the hard work you put into the trivia night was a success, except for the headache the next day !

    September 04, 2006 10:22 am  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    Wow Leanne (sorry couldn't resist) I love the layout of Quinn, love the blue, so soft and so feminine, ad the simplicity of the Innocent layout is hjust gorgeous, love the photos in both :)
    Can't wait to see the girls layouts :)

    September 04, 2006 7:17 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home