• Tuesday, September 05, 2006

    ~SERENITY NOW~


    ::: SERENITY NOW:::
    Well I know that the Divine Miss Angela, will love the title of this one! ;)

    These pics were taken at our favourite holiday spot. The top two are very bad pics, overexposed and blurry, but I just think there is something etheral about them. No effects or filters used on them.

    Background by me :)

    Journaling Reads:
    Yes, I know, the pictures at the top are overexposed and blurry, but they just speak to me. LOL. Don’t you wonder what they were all looking at? I am not sure they were looking at anything at all. I think they were just enjoying a walk on the beach on a cold and windy day in the late afternoon. These are the special moments we share when we are together, with our camping friends. Sometimes they are shared collectively with the entire group and some moments are shared privately, between just a few of us. But they are all special, no matter who they are shared with. In these special photos are Tina, Jesamine, Quinn, Bronte, Haley, Mallory and Emily. These are the friends we share special moments with.
    Once again, you can click on the pics for a better view.

    :::FATED FOR LOVE:::

    This next one was done for yet another challenge at MAC digi where one of us submits a pic for scrapping and we all do our own version. I love doing this and seeing all the different layouts that we come up with. This is a good friend of Lis' and her partner. They make a lovely couple.

    Credits: BG by me using various brushes, the rose ones escape my memory, sorry, but the texture ones are once again from the divine Denise Docherty.

    I am out to dinner tomorrow night for a workmates farewell, so probably won't get any layouts done :( I hope that doesn't interrupt my current streak LOL.

    I am loving getting some layouts done, so that I can fill the next "Scott Family Album 2006" at the end of the year. It wasn't looking good but now it's looking a little more 'filled'.

    Also, a few of the girls that were in my digiscrapping class are coming over next week for a bit of a get together. I am so looking forward to that and also on Friday I have a girl from work coming over so I can take some pics of her kids. She loved the ones I did of Quinn and Bronte, so I hope they turn out ok. I am a bit nervous when it matters! LOL.

    Also (and this is particularly for you Shez), had a customer come into work today who happens to own the local printers, and Ruth (bless her) asked him if he could print photo's. So he is ding a test on one of mine and hopefully he will give us a good price. Can't wait to see it. He also wants to see my bound book as he thinks he may be able to get those done too.

    Time for bed, I am so enthralled in my book at the moment, I read it obsessively, last night it was 1.30am before I could myself to turn the light off and go to sleep, I'll give the details in the next day or two... if I remember.....

    EDITED TO ADD
    I got a lovely bunch of flowers today from our school. We had our school trivia night on Friday night it was a huge success and we had lots (too much) of fun. We raised in the vicinity of $2600-$2700, but final figures aren't in yet. Anyway it was just nice that we were acknowledged. And the flowers were beautiful!

    sleep well and peacefully :)

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the photos in your first LO..and that background paper looks perfect with them!

    Thanks for your LO of SIL...I can't wait to get these to her, I know she'll love them! It's such a beautiful photo of her and her spunky man ;-)

    Congrats on the trivia night...a wonderful achievment, you should be proud!

    September 05, 2006 11:26 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    More amazing layouts! Just divine! I must give you some of my photos to scrap! hehe

    So nice that you got some lovely flowers - makes all the difference when you're helping out to be acknowledged like that. :o)

    September 06, 2006 12:39 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    LOL, gee Lee, you must be a "real" fan.. it took me a while, but I did get it lol.
    The layouts are divine, love the colour in the first one, and I agree love the blown out photos.
    Sounds like you are going to have a busy week, hope that you have a great on, and well done on the trivia night. It sounds like the school really apprieciates the hard work that you put in :)... can't wait to hear about the book that you are reading too.

    September 06, 2006 7:18 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Love the pics and the entire design of serenity, another book, what a beautiful keepsake they will make for the future, I loved your 1st one so I can only imagine the 2nd edition.
    Very interested in the local printer, can't wait to see what it comes up like.
    I don't know how you manage everything in your life, you must be an excellent time manager :), I'm the worst unfortunately.
    Reading a book....do you ever sleep !!! LOL
    Can't wait to hear all about it !
    More layouts please, they make me smile :)
    Have a great night out.

    September 06, 2006 1:25 pm  
    Blogger Niecey said...

    I love these layouts. Great job with the paper on the second one! I love it! And I do love the effect on the top photos in the first one. I think sometiems even when photos are blurry or not properly exposed, they can still convery the emotion or feeling of the moment, sometimes they can do that even better than if they were perfectly sharp etc.

    Great job with the fund raising! That's awesome. And flowers are always nice :)

    September 06, 2006 11:48 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    beautiful, beautiful layouts Lee, just love the simplicity and design!

    September 09, 2006 10:40 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home