• Monday, September 18, 2006

    Detour de France

    Well, we have had a big few days.

    Saturday we spent doing a few things around the house, mostly to get ready for a mini party that we had on Saturday night. We had friends from Brian’s work come for a viewing of Ian and Mary’s (Brian’s bosses) son Daniel Jones’ documentary following the Tour de France. The film was called Detour De France and was following a tour run by an Australian ex cyclist John Trevorrow, which follows the Tour de France. It was an excellent film and I learned quite a few things I didn’t know, for example, the course changes every year and countries and towns bid for the start and finish of stages and also that the riders wear ear pieces when they ride and support crews feed them information via these. The film was at times very funny and at times poignant and sad, when it covered some tragedies that happened on the tour and during the tour. You can check out more details of the film here http://www.melbournefilmfestival.com.au/2006_Festival/film.php?film_id=6846

    Brian bought home a data projector from work and we set up a mini theatre. We had lots of lollies (courtesy of Mary), salads, pizza’s and dessert (courtesy of Tennille). Gemma’s fiancé Glenn, brought a karaoke machine for the kids, complete with flashing lights, which kept them amused. Sadly the night deteriorated rapidly when John and Brian decided to have a “sing” (I use that term VERY loosely). It was not a pretty site, nor a pretty sound!

    On Sunday, despite the fact it was a gorgeous day, we spent it nursing slightly sore heads. We got up and had a little dip at the karaoke machine; my turn certainly cemented my option to never do that in public! Sadly, Brian thinks he sounds OK, and no doubt will abuse our ears again at some point, as will John. :(

    We also took advantage of the data projector still being set up and watched a couple of movies, cuddling on the couches with the girls. Blissful.

    I managed to get a layout done, again, for our challenge at MAC digiscrap. The photograph was taken by Karen, our resident photographic guru. The pic is of her gorgeous grand son Matt. Not sure I could do the pic justice, but I ploughed ahead anyway. I once again used brushes by Denise Docherty and Anna Aspens. The quote is from a song “The first time ever I saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes and the stars were the gifts you gave.”

    I’m now on holidays along with the girls and am happy to be spending time with them. I am looking after a friends girls while she is at work today, we have been roller blading, bike riding and kicking the footy, I took the camera so hopefully got a few good pics, which I’ll download later!

    I managed to do another layout of the girls which I will post soon.

    Have a great day :)

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Sounds like a wonderful evening Saturday night, karaoke is such a fun crowd pleaser! I love singstar nights at home, yes home only !!!
    The movie sounds very interesting, will check out the link thankyou :)
    Love your version of Matt, the stars and verse is wonderful.
    Enjoy your time at home with the girls, hope the weather is good to you on your camping days soon :)
    I can't wait for my photo shoot with you.

    September 18, 2006 1:49 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a wonderful few day's you've had!!! Your mini party sounds like sooo much fun!
    Lee....you certainly did do justice to that photo...stop saying you didn't!! (I will beat it into you...you know I'm not real happy right now and will do it!)
    Enjoy your time with the girls, first day sounds like it's been fun already!

    September 18, 2006 2:58 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, how much fun do you guys have?! Where was the invite?! ;) I vowed NEVER to sing Karaoke, but what can you do when it's a Hen's night at a Karaoke restaurant? Argh! At least you guys were home and it sounded like you had a ball.

    I love the layout - something so magestic about it, beautiful!

    Oooh, school holidays - more fun to be had!

    September 18, 2006 3:33 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    lol sounds like you had a fun time :), not too sure about the singing though. Wayne the same, he thinks he's pretty good, have to admit that he's better than me ;). The LO is divine as per usual, you never disapoint. And it sounds like your holidays have startedoff great :).

    September 18, 2006 4:54 pm  
    Blogger Jude said...

    Sounds like a perfect time had by all lately.... I sympathise with Brian I am tune deaf but make a joyful noise - LOL. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Did you enjoy the data projector. We use ours as a TV and it is GREAT.

    September 18, 2006 9:53 pm  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Seems like you have had a blast Lee and that karaoke sing along.....lol. Hubby and I love watching the Tour de France every year.

    Yay for school holidays which of course we are on here and so far so good. Love the LO's as I always do and can't wait to see some more.

    September 19, 2006 1:39 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home