• Sunday, September 10, 2006

    ~Busy Busy Busy~

    Well I have had a busy few days!

    I had a work dinner on Wednesday, which was a scream, as always, then since it was at a restaurant next door to the local cinema, I arranged to meet Suzy there, and off we went to see Wah-Wah. It was a great movie, although not many seem to know about t. It was written and directed by an English actor, Richard E Grant and was based on his life, being brought up in the colonies of South Africa. It was a great insight into that time and a great movie to boot. Although very sad at times. I cry in almost every movie I see, but Suzy never does, until this one. It was very touching.

    Of course Friday was cards again, as we had been to the movies we thought a good card game was in order!

    Friday night we surprised the girls and took them to see Hoodwinked at the cinema. It was a great kids movie and unlike any others. I loved that it showed the story from 4 different perspectives and I was almost embarrassed by Brian, as he roared with laughter at the singing goat. The girls loved it too.

    Saturday Bronte had a bike party, Brian took her to that and Quinn and I stayed home. We had a few games of 500 (she is a very very astute player). I then helped her finish the layout she started last weekend. She has done a great job and I will post it when I get it off Brians laptop. She has started another more difficult tutorial, but is doing great at that too.

    I also finally got around to framing some of the pics from the photoshoot I did of the girls last month. I have three square recessed frames, all lined up vertically with three of my favourite pics (although it was a tough choice). I will get a pic and post it soon, I am very happy with how it looks and it's nice to get something up on the walls, it is looking more and more like our home every day.

    I had a lovely email yesterday, which I am rapt about. More news on that soon.

    We have had a lovely leisurely morning, with kids jumping in bed with us (a little too early). We have been laying here looking through our lovely french doors across the reserve, where there is a large hawks nest in the tree across the park. It won't be visible much longer as the leaves start to come, but occassionally we see the hawks flying around gracefully through the day. Of course, as is tradition, we had the standard game of eyespy, which is always fun, although it is more of a morning ritual when we are camping. Sometimes I wonder how our campervan doesn't topple over when we are all in bed at one end in the mornings LOL!

    Today we are going to get a few little things done around the house and then this afternoon we are off to a friends house for an early dinner. The friends we are going to, are our camping buddies, so I guess we will settle exactly what we are doing in the school holidays. Next week will be very busy at work, getting organised for my time off, but it will be worth it. I am looking forward to the school holidays and we have lots planned aside from camping.

    I am glad I got a streak of layouts done in the last couple of weeks. I don't see me getting any done over the next couple of weeks!

    At the moment Brian and the girls are making crepes with fruit salad for breakfast. There is lots of movement out there, so I'd better go see if I can help.

    Have a great day everyone :)

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you've had a wonderful week and a busy one at that!!!

    Can't wait to hear about your lovely email...!!!!

    I've just made us naughty drop scones for brekky...off to eat them now!

    September 10, 2006 10:09 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Well I had boring old weetbix for breakie :(..
    Can't wait to hear about the email.. I'm sure it's well deserved whatever it is :). Sounds like you've had a full on week, I was wondering why you'd been so quiet ;)
    Can't wait to see a pic of the pics, I'm sure that they look stunnig on your wall too.
    I'd love to see hoodwinked, sounds like a great movie.. there seem to be a few coming out next week too, that I'd like to see... will definately need to take Julieanne in the hols
    Anyway, have a fantastic week :)

    September 10, 2006 11:38 am  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    You hae been a busy girl Miss Lee, dieing to see what photos you picked to frame of the girls....I can understand how hard it would have been to make a choice, they were all so lovely :)

    Love the eyespy thing in bed, we have this as a ritual over the Island when Dylan hops in bed with us.....only being 5 he has to ask one of us usually me what leter his word starts with and he uses the same 3 or 4 over and over again, but he gets such a kick out of it :)
    Also looking forward to hearing about your lovely email????? :)

    September 10, 2006 11:51 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know what the worst part about being busy already is? That Christmas is only just over 3 months away! Eeek!

    Sounds like you guys have been having fun with dinner, movies, cards, scrapping - what a life!

    Still no sign of that canvas on your wall...tap, tap, tap... ;)

    September 11, 2006 11:53 pm  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Wow Lee you sure are a busy bee...sorry no pun intended....lol *wink* *wink*.

    The movie Wah-Wah I have heard of as I saw a documentary recently and he was on it (can't remember who with) chatting about it and I thought it would be very interesting. He is a great actor and on the weekend the kids watch The Little Vampire and of course he stars in that.

    Sounds like the house is coming along nicely and hows what you had for brekky yummo might have to give that one a whirl this weekend myself.

    Annette...........eeeeeek at Christmas being so close I'm not ready....lol

    Anyway Lee enjoy your busy times and the school holidays aren't that far away so make the most of it. I lvoe school holidays.

    Catch ya later chicki!!!

    September 12, 2006 12:16 pm  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Movie sounds wonderful, I cry in every movie too !
    I've never heard of it either.
    Cards sounds like fun again, you must really love your life and why not ! We were put on this earth for a very short time:)
    Saturday sounds like a lovely day spent with Quinn, I love going to the bike school parties, what a great venue we have here.
    I can't wait to see your new art on the wall along with the 3 pics and I'm gonna see them tonight, yeh !
    Always nice getting lovely emails, I'm not surprised whoever it was from :)
    Now get back to the kitchen and help with the crepes !!! Yummo !!
    Bring on the school hols !
    I have the 2nd week off too, hope we get more of this nice spring weather.

    September 12, 2006 12:44 pm  
    Blogger Jude said...

    Everything sounds just so perfect. But am particularly jealous of the view from the bedroom. Lucky you lying around waiting for breakfast.

    September 13, 2006 10:37 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home