• Tuesday, August 08, 2006

    ~ WOW ~

    Wow! I can't believe that blogger cooperated and let me upload pics! I haven't hit the post button yet, so I guess I shouldn't count my chickens....

    EDITED TO ADD: If anyone knows how to get my sidebar back at the top please tell me!!! It looks fine on my widescreen but I know others have it down the bottom! It's driving me insane, I spent several hours last weekend trying to fix it!

    EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: I think it's fixed, please let me know either way! And thanks to Zebette's (Jo) husband! Much appreciated! And, I am such a dufus! All that playing with the template and all I had to do was resize a pic!

    What first? OK Weekend... we had a fairly quiet one, although I did manage a slight hangover! Out for dinner Friday night to celebrate my aunties retirement, had a lovely meal and enjoyed the company. Went to pick the girls up from a friends and stayed there for a while for a cuppa and a chat, which was lovely.

    Saturday we had netball and I guess there is no surprise here, but the Gems lost, again! Although they did get 5 goals, which was really good. They only have one more game left so we aren't holding out much hope! I tell you it's not hard to pick the parents of the girls that never win! Whenever they get a goal we go crazy and everyone llaughs at us! But we can't be accused of being boring! LOL. Anyway...maybe they will have a win next year! Oh and Quinn got her first goal, which was very exciting, as she rarely plays in goals! Again, very exciting!

    Saturday we had friends over for pizza, with a friend that is visiting from England and a few others. We had a great night and apparently had a few more drinks than I thought! I love that we can finally entertain in our new house! Our old home was at bursting point of a couple dropped in! So it's nice to have room for a few families now.

    Sunday morning I was laying in bed feeling a little sorry for myself, when my friend Megan from Queensland phoned to say hi.... She asked what I was doing and I said I was still in bed, and she said, I'll be there in half an hour!!! It was a great visit and unexpected, but she was just down for the weekend visiting family. Loved seeing her and also another friend of ours called in to say hi too with her two 10 week old twins! So cute, and the girls loved having a cuddle!

    Sunday afternoon, I spent in my new psuedo studio, inspired by my good friend Angela, one of the most amazing scrappers and photographers I know (apart from the other amazing one, Karen from NZ, on top of all the great scrappers at MAC, how lucky am I to be surrounded by this talent!!)

    My dear Brian is no handyman (but he can cook), but he knocked up 3 back drop stands for me, one for the back drop, one for a shower curtain which diffused the light from the window and another smaller one for another shower curtain to go in front of the lights I got from bunnings! All very dodgy, but the photo's are OK. These are unedited and have a slightly warm cast, but it should be easy enough to fix when I edit them.

    The middle one is a layout I did last night and the journaling simply reads:

    My life is complete becasue you are part of it, being your Mum fills my life with joy, love, meaning and utter bliss.

    Which was how I was feeling when I did the layout. Of course, it's easy to feel like that when your kids are sleeping! LOL

    The brush accent at the bpttom is from Rhonna Farrer

    I really hope you can see the textures on it, I used one on the pic and one on the background. It's a very plain layout (bordering on boring) but I loved the pic, so didn't want to distract (excuses excuses!) If you click on it you will get a bigger version (if blogger decides that's OK!)

    Anyway, have a great night....






    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The reason for the side menu shifting downwards is because of the width of some of the images in the main blog column. The width of those images forces the width of the column to be too wide to show the side bar next to it, so it slips underneath. Widescreen monitors help for sure ;-)

    Found this site through your comments on my wife's site (Zebette). You take fantastic photographs ... I think this is where I sign off by saying "I'm not worthy"...

    August 08, 2006 6:25 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The column problem appears to be fixed :-)

    August 08, 2006 7:36 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    WOAH Lee these are stunning, absolutely stunning!!!
    Your girls are just the sweetest, tell them they make gorgeous models!! :)
    I love the layout one Lee so simple....hmm maybe simples not the right word.....stylish yeah thats the one lol, anyway I love it!

    August 08, 2006 8:33 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    OMG Lee... you make me sooo proud! LOL ;), thank you for the glowing mention, though I don't think I'd go that far!
    The photos are AMAZING, but I didn't expect any less from you. YOU are a SUPER scrapper, and now you have proved to the world also a SUPER FANTASTIC photographer! If you're shooting in RAW, it'll be a cinch to fix up the slight warm feel, but love them just the way they are too... do some in black and white too!
    Oh, and the sidebar is fixed :)

    August 08, 2006 9:09 pm  
    Blogger Karin said...

    Great LO and gorgeous photos of your gorgeous girls - I love how they look quite different from another, yet they are obviously sisters. Glad you had a fabbo weekend

    Sorry I couldn't help with the sidebar but it looked okay to me

    August 08, 2006 9:09 pm  
    Blogger Sharon said...

    Fabulous pics Lee (I want an SLR NOW!)

    August 08, 2006 9:38 pm  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    OH MI GOD, your talents have no end to them, they are absolutely stunning, partly due to the new 'studio' but mainly due to your beautiful model children, truly amazing, I expect to see some of these shots enlarged on the wall by next visit

    August 08, 2006 9:41 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous layouts and photography skills! Just absolutely STUNNING!

    August 09, 2006 12:19 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The photos are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    Man, wish we lived close to each other :) - then I could bug you to take my boys' pictures. lol

    August 10, 2006 6:26 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home