• Sunday, August 27, 2006

    ~MY CUPPA TEA~

    :::FAIRYTALE:::
    I took these pics of Quinn last week and the school's dress up day. She has a jacket on (because her Mum is fanatical about being cold). But she dressed up as Wendy from Peter Pan.
    Love these pics!

    Journaling Reads:
    You had a lovely day for dress up day at school. You decided to go as Wendy from Peter Pan. I have a sneaking suspicion that you decided on this particular character because Mr. Dacy’s favourite book just happens to be Peter Pan. You absolutely idolise Mr. Dacy and shine whenever you talk about him and school. You are so lucky to have a young, enthusiastic teacher and also the fact he is male is such a treat too, as we all know male teachers are few and far between. These days are exhausting, walking around the school looking at all your school projects. But I love seeing you with all of your friends, and you are so proud of your work and enthusiastically show me everything you have done. I hope your life is always such a fairytale, you are certainly our fairytale and we would not be living this dream of a life without you!Aug ‘06.

    You might have to click on thise one to get a good view. I used a Denise Docherty Brush on this, but the rest is mine :)

    :::CUP OF TEA:::
    I'm not sure why I think this warrants a blog entry, but Quinn made me a cup of tea last night! She did a great job and was so proud of herself! LOL again, don't know why I felt I should write that here! Surely it's a scrapable occassion! LOL

    :::VISUAL EMOTIONS:::
    This is the final version of the layout I am getting printed on canvas. I had to add a thicker border around the edge to allow for the fact that it gets 'wrapped' around the sides and they are about an inch thick. I am so nervous! Should be this week! Fingers crossed :)

    See credits for this layout below.... Basically brushes from thevVisual Emotions Collection and one background by Denise Docherty, the rest is me :)

    :::MOMENTO:::
    I know a few people know this, but last year I gave Brian a bound hard cover book with all my layouts in it (around 170). Anyway the company that did it contacted me and asked if they could print some more copies of my book off to use for marketing and also to ise on the site as part of their gallery. I also received an email recently asking if they could talk to me about the addition of a scrappers module as part of their software. It's pretty exciting really so I hope to have more news soon. You can check out my book in the gallery here or checkout the bottom of this blog page for a sample to. You can 'look through' the book by clicking on the graphic, both here and at the website.

    :::SKATING:::
    Quinn had a netball breakup party today at the local roller skating rink. I had no intention of having a go as it has been over 20 years since I have laced up some skates, but of course it got the better of me and I had to have a go. Man it was fun! I was very shaky at first but by the end I was skating backwards and turning around and everything. I did make the mistake by having a go at the rollerblades, which were much more steady, but I couldn't go backwards on them. So I fell over once, but didn't think that was a bad effort at all.
    The girls had a ball and both did a great job, except right at the end when Quinn fell over and landed on her skate, she has a very sore bottom! Poor kid. And poor Bronte has a very sore leg. This is a recurring thing and it seems to get worse when she excercises in an unusual way. I had to give Bronte panadol as the pain was getting quite bad, but she is asleep now. Hopefully she stays that way, she often wakes up crying when her legs bother her :(

    :::DIGITAL FREEBIES:::
    I was a little confused earlier this week, I had lots of comments coming through on some layouts I posted about a year ago at Digital Freebies.com. After some investigating, it turns out they were scraplifting my gallery! There are some great layouts and I was honoured to be chosen as scrapliftee LOL... You can check out some of the layouts here.

    Sweet dreams everyone :)

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Angela said...

    First off the LO is STUNNING miss L, but I wouldn't expect any less from you! :D! The journaling as per norm, is phenomenal as well. I'm glad you posted about Quinns cup of tea.. nothing better than a good cuppa. Love the canvas, and I'm sure that it will look fantastic once done.. you've actually inspired me to do some things for our walls too... maybe not the canvas though... I think our rooms are too small lol.
    WTG with the momento book thing! I'm just suprised it took them this long to cotton on to your fantastic work :)!
    Skating.. I so want to take Julieanne (just so I can have another go lol) but think that she is still a little wobbly to go out in public ;).
    Hope Bronte has a great nights sleep, and feels better in the morning.. and as for the scraplifting.. it's the greatest honour ;).. and you well deserve it!
    Pheeww!

    August 27, 2006 11:28 pm  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    Lee, your work is mind blowing to say the least, each layout you do I think to myself it couldn't get better, but they do, love Quinns new hairdo, boy she looks like you.
    I love roller skating too, it's lots of fun, good for you getting out there !
    How gorgeous Quinn making a cuppa, your children are delightful !
    What can I say re Momento contacting you, took them long enough, they've prob never seen work as fantastic as yours is why:)
    Yeah, the ultimate compliment is copying so take it for what it is !
    Proof you are a STAR !!!

    August 28, 2006 10:34 am  
    Blogger Karin said...

    Nice LO Lee

    August 28, 2006 12:23 pm  
    Blogger Zebette said...

    Wow Lee, I know *exactly* how you feel about coping with leg pains. Abbey has suffered terribly at times since she was about 3 years old with "growing pains" we've been seeing a podiatrist who has given us some great suggestions over time so if you want to talk further give me a shout. You know where I am!
    Oh and I love "Wendy" she looks gorgeous!

    August 28, 2006 9:33 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, your layout is STUNNING, and wow, so is your gorgeous daughter! Yay for Quinn and cups of tea! ;o) I hope Bronte's legs didn't give her too much trouble and that she had a restful night.

    Your canvas is going to look stunning, and I want a photo of it when it's up on your wall, ok?! Congrats on your Momento gig, how exciting!! I want to hear all about it! And another congrats for your gallery being chosen to be scraplifted from - I know why, your layouts are amazing :o)

    August 28, 2006 10:50 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous LO Lee :)

    August 29, 2006 11:59 am  
    Blogger Bonnie & Brian said...

    Love your layouts Lee... :)

    August 29, 2006 5:58 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    Lee that canvas is gonna look amazing on your wall, looooovvvveee the colour.
    Love the layout too, your girls are both gorgeous and these photos of Quinn are really lovely, great journaling too :)

    August 30, 2006 8:31 pm  
    Blogger Niecey said...

    What a beautiful, soft girly layout! I LOVE it. I love how you did the journalling. I always have trouble making the journalling blend into the artowkr, mine always stands out like a sore thumb. But yours is like a design feature, I love that.

    And the image you made for canvas is awesome! I made something similar, with deep reds and blended pic which I've had printed on canvas and is up on my wall. I love it, I think it turned out great. Yours will too!

    Congrats on the momento book thing! That's awesome. You are very talented.

    August 31, 2006 5:09 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home