• Monday, August 14, 2006

    ~ GREAT NEWS ~


    :::THE GAME:::

    Well our little treasures (The Gems) had their last game of netball on the weekend and finally had a WIN!!!!!! Yay! Like a movie they pulled out a cracking game for the very last game of the season! The first half they scored 8-0 and lucky they had such a good lead, becasue they didn't score at all in the second half!

    Anyway, they were all so excited, although they have never minded losing, they wanted at least one win for the season and they deserve it, being such good sports.




    :::THE CANVAS:::

    I had a dream...LOL I thought I might have a go at doing a layout that I could turn into wall art. I spent all day on this, (rarely do I spend so much time on a layout) it has 49 layers and came in at just under 1gb. I used several brushes from the Visual Emotions Collection and one Denise Docherty Paper, the rest of the layers and grunge effects are by my. I wasn't sure about it but it has been received well, so maybe I will get it printed on a canvas. Except now I can't remember the web address of the people that do it! LOL I chose the colours to match our new family room (pics below), and it is a little earthier in colour than the compressed version shows. Anyway CC welcome.

    :::THE PIC:::

    I took this pic in January at Eagle Point, I don't know why but I just love it, the little girl at the front is my 'neice' Jesamine, and then a friend, Emily and Quinn and Bronte toward the back (Bronte is slightly cut off). Not sure what it is, maybe the DOF or the colours, or Jesamines cute look, I really want to scrap it but not sure I could do it justice!
    For some absolutely phenomenal photography check out this link. http://karenjohnsonphotography.blogspot.com/ When I grow up, I wanna be like karen (otherwise known as the Goddess). Check it out, inspiring and more than a little intimidating and she has the cutest grandsons who have memories made almost everyday for them!!

    :::PHOTO SHOOT, SCOTT STYLE:::

    Here are a few more favourites from our amatuer photo shoot last weekend. I really did get a couple of good ones.


    :::(ALMOST)LASTLY:::


    I still feel a little crappy after Fridays events, still not sure how to proceed with things but I'll get there.

    I'm off out for dinner tonight with our Trivia Night committee, wish I had remembered that before I went to the pub today for lunch! Judy, help me make some good decisions!!


    :::LIS AND FRIENDS:::

    Special thanks to all the girls that made me feel better, but through blog comments and private emails. Although I wasn't backstabbed or bitched about, what I heard can't be unheard and I am afraid it will affect my time in the house...oh that's my big brother speech...LOL
    Thanks to Lis, for getting it and sharing her experience with something similar too. It made me feel better to know there are people I can talk to.

    In the immortal words of Jeff Fenech,
    I LOVE YA'S ALL, said without a cut eyebrow, two black eyes and a broken nose! (I hope someone out there knows who Jeff Fenech is!) LOL

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Sherryll said...

    oh mi, I can't believe that layout, you gotta get it on the wall, it's perfect, I see that BigW are doing canvassess now, don't know what their quality is like, they are not cheap, check them out !
    Yay for the netballers, great team snap !
    Those photos of the girls are spectacular, you must be so rapt with yourself, I can't wait for my kids photo shoot !!!!!
    Beautiful photo of Jesamine at Eagle Point, can you believe I used to have a boyfriend from there...they lived right on the waters edge.
    Hope you are feeling not so sad :)
    Knowing you personally I'm sure they didn't intentionally ever mean to hurt you, you're too nice.

    August 14, 2006 6:01 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG!! Yay for the netball win!! What a wonderful way to end the season, the girls should be so proud!

    I am sooo in love with your canvas...want to do one for me of Trenty????!!!!! ;-)

    I think you are very fast becoming a photo goddess in your own right Miss L...these are absolutely stunning again!

    And you are welcome on the other stuff...I understand what you mean about not being able to 'unhear' it, take your time to work out what you need to do to try and 'fix' it, otherwise...it's a big loss on the other parties behalf and no fault of yours at all.

    August 14, 2006 6:41 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    YAY GEMS! Great to hear that they had a fantastic game to go out on :). That LO is Fantabulistic Lee, and can't wait to see it hanging on your wall. Love all the photos (have I said that you are also a fantastic photographer?), and I hope that Fridays events don't bring you down to much.. hugs and WE LOVE YA'S ;)

    August 14, 2006 8:54 pm  
    Blogger Sharon said...

    That's great about the netball, after the season they had - I bed the girls were ecstatic! Love your photos - they look just gorgeous. When are you coming to take some of my kids?

    I just read your "other" post, and ditto what everyone else has said - I know you can't "unhear" something, but you can choose to ignore it (maybe???)

    August 14, 2006 9:58 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Go Gems! Awesome win! Lee, your layout is just amazing and I can see it on the wall now, it will look just gorgeous! I know of a place that does canvases, but I have to find the link again too! That last photo shoot really did produce some amazing pics! Well done! And I hope you had a lovely dinner :o)

    August 14, 2006 11:23 pm  
    Blogger Karin said...

    WTG Gems - great end to the season for them.

    Gorgeous photos - love the way that Q&B are so natural in them.

    August 15, 2006 11:35 am  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    Congrats to the girls on their netball win, bet you mums were excited :)
    That canvas is going to look amazing Lee, can't wait till one day I might see it in person lol
    The shots of the girls are really wonderful, your girls have such a great relationship I love to see them interacting together :)

    August 16, 2006 11:26 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home