• Sunday, July 30, 2006

    Some fun and some work and a layout or two......

    Well two posts in one day! Wonders never cease!


    OK Had a pretty busy day today, between popping in and out of Kate's new site, PickleBerryPop (Pop on over, I had a ball and met lots of new friends who are all amazingly talented!) We managed to dress up our front portico. It was supposed to be a temporary measure until we could get some decking done, but I really loved how it turned out and I think we might leave it like this for the long haul. The decking tiles are from Freedom and we filled the area around them with Black River Pebbles. Anyway, we are pretty chuffed with the effect.


    Also below is a pic of our new family room! I have been raving on about this rug for so long now, thought I'd better get a pic of it! When I saw this rug I knew that red would have to be the colour scheme, I am not usually a red person, but the richness and the texture, were screaming out "Lee, oick me, I will look beautiful in your new home" and I listened! LOL Now we just need to get some feature walls painted and some art on the walls to get rid of that sparse feeling!


    I feel so lucky to be in our dream home, and while it is no where near finished, it already feels like home and like we have been here forever. We should have our window furnishings in the next few weeks and also we are having someone come in and excavate the mudpit that is our backyard and get rid of all the clay and put some REAL soil in! Then we can think about getting our lawns growing and take advantage of the amazingly sunny days we are having (mind you it's pouring rain right now!)


    Now, please note how I have taken the family room pic! LOL I tried to get a magazine feel with the blurry figure Bronte, who is strategicallu placed to hide all the power cords!!) LOL Ah well, at least I should get points for trying! hehe



    Next are two of three layouts I have done this weekend (Yep it's all or nothing with me LOL)

    The first one, 'Maddie and Lachie', was done for a nifty little challenge at MAC digi, where every few weeks someone submits one pic and we all scrap it. It is such a delight to see the different styles and ideas that are in this group! I just love this challenge.


    OK I was gonna post another layout, but Blogger is in a mood, so I guess it will have to wait until my next post!

    I switched my day off to tomorrow as the girls have the day off for parent/teacher interviews, so we are off to the movies and then we may even have a Big Brother Finale party tomorrow night! LOL Oh I know it's sad, but any excuse!

    Go Camilla!

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, your house looks awesome, and the new front is gorgeous! I love decking and black river stones - we have some at our place too! Beautiful layouts! And really lovely to meet you over at PBP, and look forward to getting to know you better. :o)

    July 31, 2006 12:04 am  
    Blogger Karin said...

    The house is looking great and you already know I like the LO :)

    July 31, 2006 4:32 am  
    Blogger Sherryll said...

    great pics Lee
    The front portico looks fantastic, what a fab idea.
    And you know I adore the layout of my children.
    Enjoy your day off today, and GO JAMIE !!!!!!!!!

    July 31, 2006 9:28 am  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Well I think its offical... I want your house! It looks like a display home! I might just have to become that stalker ;). Lo's divine as always, and I hope that you had a good day off :)

    July 31, 2006 5:41 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    Your photos of your wonderful house Lee are stunning, very classy, love your portico its gorgeous as are your layouts :)

    August 01, 2006 8:44 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home