• Sunday, July 30, 2006

    Layout, Congrats and perhaps a Bet....

    OK, well I actually got two layouts done last night, but since I don't get as many done as I'd like, I will just post one at a time, coz it could be a long time between drinks!

    The words in this one are from a speech given at a funeral in the movie, Four Weddings and a Funural. I had to change the words slightly, since they weren't all appropriate.

    The poem is by W.H. Auden

    You are my North, my South, my East, my West.
    My working week and my Sunday rest.
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song,
    My love will last forever, forever is not too long.

    You truly mean the world to me.

    Any way, see left :)

    PICKLEBERRYPOP

    Sending good Grand Opening Vibes to Kate and her team over at PickleBerryPop. I have had a lovely stroll around the site and it looks fantastic. But more importantly than that, everyone is so friendly and I can tell already it's going to be a great place to hang out with new friends and old. I wish you girls all the best for today but more importantly, ongoing success at the site.

    BET

    OK, Quinn had her 3rd last game of netball yesterday, and despite looking promising at half time with a score of 2 all, we still didn't come away with a win! I am now thinking about running a book, on whether or not we will win a game before the end of the season, but I can't afford the losses I'll incur. Ah well, the girls aren't bothered and despite their losses are playing with finesse and enthusiasm. Go gems!

    HOUSE STUFF....

    We are putting some decking tiles on our front verandah today, so if it looks good I'll post a pic tomorrow, if it doesn't, you'll have to come and visit to see how crappy it looks LOL.

    A PROMISE....

    If all that gets done today, Brian has promised to make me a backdrop stand for photo shoots. The lovely Angela, was telling me about her home studio, that she made with course notes from DSP. I had forgotten that I had done that course and never looked at the notes. So yesterday Brian went and bought all the piping I need for the stand and I bought myself a couple of 500wt halogen lamps (as per Miss A's instructions.) I also bought a ridiculous amount of black polar fleece to use as a backdrop and a shower curtain (again, an idea from Angela) to use to diffuse the light from the lamps.... I don't think I will get to play today, but maybe next weekend if I'm lucky. If none of this works, then I am paying for the supremely talented photography to come from New Zealand to teach me a thing or two... or to give up entirely!


    4 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Oooh Lee thankyou for your wonderful words and wishes for PBP and all it's team.

    {{{{hugs}}}}

    July 30, 2006 7:11 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    As if I could teach you anythig.........you take great photosalready and having this new baxkdrop and lights will just take you to the next level....can't wait to see some images :)

    July 30, 2006 7:38 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Lee, that layout is amazing as always. And I'm sure that the soon to come photo shoots will be a huge success... lol don't get to frustrated with the stands though ;). Can't wait.. just give a hollar if you want to know something (lol, yeah like I know anything!)

    July 31, 2006 5:37 pm  
    Blogger katef said...

    Oh wow your studio sounds like it is going to be awesome.. when can I book my girls in for a portrait??
    Thanks for the support too Lee... it means the earth!

    August 01, 2006 5:04 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home