• Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Inspiration from Miss M....


    Well I have been in a huge creative slump recently, mainly because I have been so busy with other things....

    My new job, which I am loving and finding myself disappointed that Friday has come because that is my day off. I am sure it won't last but I hope I will always enjoy going to work. There is lots to learn and it has been a bit hard as I didn't get to spend much time with the girl that I replaced, and just quietly she and I have completely different working ethics and styles. My boss is out a lot so that can be hard when I have no-one to answer my questions, but that will be changing so things will get easier! Hopefully ;)

    Then there is the course I am teaching, (Digital Scrapbooking with Photoshop) that is also so much fun, but it is mentally draining, and doing the course notes is also tiring too, but I find it very rewarding and so blessed that all the students in my class are doing amazing layouts and are so enthusiastic, I am lucky to have had this opportunity.

    Of course then there is the brain space our new house is taking up, mainly worrying about finances and how to pay for all the extras, but at the same time it is so exciting, although the date has been put back again, and it now looks like we won't be in until the beginning of June... disappointing, but at least it gives us more time to pack etc!

    Then there is my new Scrapping website adventure, I have been unable to do as much as I would have liked to help out, but my new partners, Robin and Cheryl have been amazingly understanding of my situation. It is going well and I have my first kit in the shop... See preview below...


    I tried to jump out of my comfort zone and see if I could create a kit with colours I would not usually use, I think it is OK, but we'll see how it sells once the site is up and the advertising is out!

    Below is a layout I did using this kit....


    This was one of 4 layouts I created today and yesterday, I am so pleased that I finally got some done, I don't think I have done a layout since February, maybe even January! Anyway here are the others I created. I am not sure about "Days Of Miracle and Wonder". It was a hard pic to scrap but I got there in the end, might have to have another go one day....

    I think I will publish the others tomorrow (yeah right!) Someone tell me how to add links to the side aaaahhhhh!

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Even in your creativity slump, you are still creating some winning LO's. LOVE all your work, and can't wait to see more on your blog ;). At least you have one... I'm WAY to boring LOL!

    May 07, 2006 10:00 pm  
    Blogger Sharon said...

    Lee, looks great. Love that Kit!!

    May 07, 2006 11:50 pm  
    Blogger Karin said...

    Good luck with selling your stuff, glad you joined that wagon (grin), plus the blogger world!

    May 08, 2006 3:01 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home