• Thursday, May 18, 2006

    Good news and a ramble....


    Well we have a date!!!! (To move into our house). Spoke to our project manager today and it is two weeks from today, which makes it the 1st of June! How exciting!!! We went and looked today and the mirrors have been put in the bathroom and ensuite and all the power points, light fitting and central heating vents have been put in and also the shower screens. So it is really just the flooring (wood) and carpets, the stove top, oven, dishwasher and rangehood in the kitchen as well as the glass splashback. I think that's it! So that is our exciting news! YAY. Oh one other thing, before he gave me the news, he said "Before I give you the update, I just wanted to say that I love what you have done with tiling in the bathrooms, it looks fantastic". I was so rapt to hear that, as I said to Brian he must see lots of lovely houses with budgets twice as much as ours so the fact he loved ours is really nice.

    Had a lovely Mothers Day very quiet, but the perfect day for me, just spent quiet time with my family, which was great.

    Monday night I had a fabulous night out at the Traveling Comedy Festival. There were 5 acts, 4 excellent, 1 so so. The best was Eddie Perfect who was hilarious and did a lot of his routine in song. He had an amazing singing voice and was very very funny. I went with 6 people from work and we laughed ourselves silly, I would pay to see it again.

    I finally got another layout done, they are few and far between at the moment, but I loved getting lost in the process last night, hopefully my life will be a little less busy, once the move is over and the digiscrapping course I am teaching finishes up. I am sad that the course is finishing, it is so much fun, and the students are all great and seem to be having a good time, and all seem to love learning the techniques, but it is also a lot of work and constantly on my mind, always thinking about things I can show them, so it will be bitter-sweet when we finish next week. I hope to keep in touch with everyone and catch up with them too.
    Anyway here is said layout... very simple but I think it's ok......


    This is the journaling....
    You are such an amazing girl, with so many special qualities. You are sometimes selfish but mostly aware of other people. You are sometimes moody, but mostly happy. You are sometimes a bad sport but mostly fun. You are sometimes lazy but mostly enthusiastic. You are sometimes grumpy, but mostly a joy to be with. You are sometimes solitary but mostly friendly. You are sometimes self involved but mostly helpful You are always our special Angel.
    I'm pretty happy with the two background layers (not sure they will show up that well here), I made them myself.....
    I have a very good friend who had a birthday yesterday and she wasn't too sure it was going to be a good day, but it turned out to be wonderful and I am so happy that she is feeling great about herself again! Happy Birthday Miss Maralyn.....
    Oh I think there was something else, but I can't remember what it is, I am also still loving my job, it is very busy but fun and I am slowly learning the ropes. My boss is great, and we get along well, the work is easy but as I become more confident I will begin to take on more responsibilty and training too.
    I have four days off in a row, school has a day off so I have switched my work days (another great thing about the job), I sooooo love my days at home with the girls and really hope it is pouring with rain, so we can have a jammie day, and snuggle in! And maybe get a layout or two done too!
    Off to have a therapeutic massage tomorrow, I am always very sore after them, but LOVE having them and feel so good afterward. And then off to see a movie called "Proof", I don't know anything about it, and that's the way I like to go and see a movie, without any pre conceptions and previews. And I guess my weekend will be filled with packing (groan), although as we have only just got a date and we have to give 4 weeks notice here then I guess the move won't be so bad as we will actually have two whole weeks to do it, so it won't be so rushed! Oh and we won't start moving in until Monday the 5th, as we are going to get the driveways concreted as soon as we take posession, so we will let them dry over that weekend, which happens to be the same weekend we take the kids off to see the Lion King....oh it's all happening in the Scott household! LOL... anyway I might go to bed, I kinda feel like I am coming down with something, I am a bit achy, so might try to nip it in the bud, honestly, who has times to get sick these days....:) signing off.....

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Helen said...

    Lee, how exciting for you to be moving in to your dream home at last. I too love your LO, very special as always. Hope that it all works out perfectly for you, you deserve it :)

    Helen

    May 18, 2006 9:20 pm  
    Blogger Sharon said...

    Yay! A house date!! How exciting for you :-) Moving isn't fun, but moving into a new house is!!

    May 18, 2006 9:55 pm  
    Blogger Angela said...

    Oh Yay Lee! Wonderful news about the house!! I'm so excited for you! The Layout is Divine (as per usual), and glad to hear that you are having a few days off. Hope that you don't come down with something.

    May 19, 2006 8:01 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woo hoo... the house is almost finished!! Doing the happy dance for you (not quite the chicken dance but looks just as silly).
    That is so cool.
    Your layout is simply divine. And those backgrounds are awesome. I'd buy them if you had them up for sale. :)
    Hope you have a great day with the girls.

    May 19, 2006 1:04 pm  
    Blogger Karen Johnson said...

    2 weeks Lee thats fantastic news, how exciting to finally have a day to look forward to.
    Can't wait to see photos when you are all moved in :)
    Love the layout, so pretty and delocate, love the journaling too :)

    May 19, 2006 6:36 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home