• Wednesday, May 10, 2006

    Big Birthdays and Big Brother.....


    Poor little Quinn turned 9 a few weeks ago and she agreed to wait until we moved into our new house before we organised her party... which I thought would be about 1 month after her birthday, but it will probably be more like two. She has been wonderfully patient and understands the delay, but the other day I had (what I thought) was a great idea. After seeing a kit that Karin from MACdigi had purchased from Scrapbook Bytes, I thought it would be a great activity for the party. It's a collage kit, so the kids will get to make their own trading cards which we will laminate on the day. I will take pics of each of the kids when they arrive and they can make a few each and take them home. The kit is above as well as a sample of what you can do with them below. They
    are so cute and I hope they are a winner
    with kids, Quinn seems pretty pleased with the idea and wants to have a practice!

    Did anyone watch Big Brother tonight? Man that Anna is an annoying, selfish cow! I hope she goes ASAP she really grates on my nerves. Yep if you don't already know it, you soon will, I am a huge reality TV fan, Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother amongst my favourite TV shows. Don't know what happened on Survivor yet as I was at class last night, but I taped it and will watch it on the weekend, isn't that what winter weekends were invented for?

    I took the girls to see our house tonight after school, so they got to see all the tiling (still to be grouted) they are very excited and had fun running around and opening and closing all the doors (the door knobs are on now). It is so much fun to see their enthusiasm and gets me excited all over again, when I see them squealing and jumping up and down! LOL
    I did measure our fridge cavity while I was there and sadly the space isn't big enough for the fridge I would like to buy :( But I think Brian thinks that is bloody great! (But he is thinking of our finance!) The fridge I want would need to be plumbed in as it has a water dispenser and automatic ice maker. I just fell in love with it, it wouldn't be all that hard to get the space adjusted as it is only the height of the fridge that is a problem so I might have to work on that problem (need to get lessons from Judy on how exactly to attain that goal! ;) )! Anyway, pictures of my dream fridge are below....
    How cool is it? They call it french doors! On a fridge, what a riot! LOL.


    If you don't already know, I have a standing date on Fridays with my cousin... we both love the movies and since we both have no kids at home any more. It has been great getting together every week for this (She is the same cousin we go camping with and is more like my sister than my cousin...) This week we are off to see Capote, I am so excited and can't wait. I have wanted to see this one for ages and thought we must have missed it... so stay tuned.... I'll do a movie review! LOL

    ANGELA, START A BLOG YOU ARE STILL GETTING COMMENTS ADDRESSED TO YOU HERE! lol

    till then..........

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ROTFLMBO!! Sorry to put you out miss M ;-)! If I do a blog I won't post on it so what is the point lOL!
    Lee, sorry about all my mail ending up here LOL, your blog is so darn great that it could support the both of us.. (just as long as I don't have to do anything LOL!) Love the fridge.. I'd want it too, but mine is always empty so no real point I suppose. Me and dh went to see Capote, when it first came out.. Oh and I love that kit with the dolly things.. Quinn will have a ball!

    May 11, 2006 8:10 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pass on Big Brother.... ewww
    As to Survivor, I taped it the other night as well while I watched the Dancing With the Stars final but when I flicked over to see if it had finished (of course it hadn't - it never finishes on time).... I saw "xxxx the tribe has spoken". Man, I'm peeved. Both that I saw it and at who was voted off!!
    But tonight is Survivor night - woo hoo!!

    May 11, 2006 2:51 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I meant - tonight is Lost night!!

    May 11, 2006 2:52 pm  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home